Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Shape borrowing is using common shapes like Rectangle, Triangle, Circles into our design. Although this shapes are pretty simple and looks childish to most people. By incorporating this shapes into our current designs, they don't look childish and they look pleasing for the eyes.
S.C.A.M.P.E.R. can let our creativity juices flow and could make us think of how can we improve our product. We can improve our product by using S.C.A.M.P.E.R. . We can enhance it in its functions; Making it simpler for the user to use it. We can also enhance it in design by using the shape borrowing method, or replacing it.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
2 Good design products
It is good design as it is able to blend the coffee and the design enables the user to grip the coffee maker firmly and pour the coffee into the cup
It is good design as it is light, convenient and the design is eye-catching
2 Badly-designed products
The design is bad due to the material of the shoes. On a rainy day, the shoes will cause the user to slip and fall and it could get stuck in the gap of the escalators.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Whats the big idea? Transportation
- Which part of the country has the most catchment area?
- The maximum possible capacity of the trains
- The frequency of the buses
- The schedule of the buses/trains
- The locations of the bus stops
- The proximity to developments around the area
- Provisions for future stations
- Easing load crunch
- Signaling of trains
- Distance in between stations
- Ways to increase capacity
- Buying higher-capacity buses
- Increasing bus fleet
- Moving the most amount of people from Point A to Point B the fastest way
- Improving frequency
- Spreading passengers equally over a region
- Creating alternatives for passengers
- Creating more cross-platform interchanges
- Increase convenience to the nearest bus stop/LRT/MRT station
- People moving from Point A to Point B will be a faster and more convenient journey
- Online Forums
Whats the big idea? Water
Essential questions :
- What is water?
- Why do we need it?
- Who uses it?
- What can we do with it?
- Where can we find it?
- How can we use it?
- How do we conserve water yet not affect our lifestyle?
- Not leaving the running water on while brushing your teeth
- Bath for a shorter period of time
- When washing a car, use a pail instead of a hose
- Water bills will be cheaper as a result of lesser water consumption
- Less water would have to be treated for drinking
- On Social networking sites.